Sustainable tourism strategy of Spain 2030
Objective of sustainable tourism strategy of Spain 2030
The government of Spain, through the secretariat of state of tourism, is developing the strategy of sustainable tourism of Spain 2030, a national agenda of tourism for the challenges of the sector in the medium and long term, pushing the three pillars of sustainability: socio-economic, environmental and territorial. For this, it has promoted a participatory process which involves the sector and the autonomous communities.
The goal of the new strategy is to lay the foundations of the transformation of tourism English to a model of sustained growth and sustainable, which allows us to maintain its leading position worldwide. The new model, will be supported in improving competitiveness and profitability of industry, in the natural and cultural values spreads destinations, and in the equitable distribution of the benefits and burdens of tourism.
As a document before the design of this strategy of Sustainable Tourism is now presented this report that defines the strategic guidelines of this new national agenda of tourism, analyzing future challenges facing the tourist sector in the next decade.
The future sustainable tourism strategy of Spain 2030 is a commitment and a plan that should contribute to the achievement of the ODS Handheld 2030 of United nations.
Why is it necessary to develop a new strategy of tourism?
Spain is a world leader in the tourism sector, and constitutes one of the main pillars of our economy, source of income (brings 11.7 per cent of PIB) and employment generation, used to 12.2% of total participants in spain.
40 Years is driving growth in this sector. Along these decades strategies have evolved, tourism of “ sun and beach ” more focused strategies in quality. However, the sector is now facing new challenges, profound social change and productive sectors, which require a new vision and new formulas enabling this sector maintain and increase their results.
Foundations for a new model of sustainable tourism
The strategy proposes a tourist growth model for the coming years based on the following principles:
- Socio-economic growthso what should work for competitiveness and profitability of the sector, quality and accelerating the transformation process digital.
- Preservation of natural and cultural values, on the basis that the conservation of our extensive cultural and natural heritage is a priority.
- Social benefit, to achieve a sharing of benefits of the sector and challenges such as rural depopulation in spain.
- Participation and governancesupport, participatory governance mechanisms between the state and the competent administrations at all levels.
- Permanent adaptationsince this is not only search quality and improvement, but also enable the sector has capacity to respond to the new environment of constant changes.
- Leadership, which aims to consolidate the role of Spain as a world leader in the sector.
Set the objective and the foundations of the Pattern defines the five strategic axes of the new government Agenda for the tourist sector.
- Collaborative governance.
- Sustainable growth.
- Competitive transformation.
- Tourist space, companies and individuals.
- Product, marketing and tourist intelligence.